Chapels or chapels in ruins: There are two private Chappels in our Parish one called Ayshford, the other Fenacre the former is about 3 miles from the Church belonging to a late family of that name, now extinct the last of which gave £15 per annum for a sermon to be preached on the first Sunday of every month. It is now serv’d by one Mr. Whitlock appointed by the present owner of the Estate. The Latter is in Ruins.
Burlescombe V. – Thomas Clarke A.M. inst: June 4 1735 Presb. May 28 1727 Edm: London. [Explanation]