Combintinhead, Deanery of Kenn
Chanter 225A, 162-163
[Note: Endorsed ‘To the Rev’d Mr Thomas Haydon’. In the preamble to the queries the words, ‘at my approaching Primary Visitation, and may be deliver’d either to the Register, or to my Secretary’ are crossed through, and in the margin has been written, ‘under a cover to me by the post directed to this place’. Date altered from May 15. 1744 to Apr. 25. 1745]
- Population and dissenters: Seventy: two of ‘em Dissenters; The one Presbyterian the other Quakers. There is no Dissenting Teacher or meeting=House.
- Public or charity schools: There is no Charity-School endowed or otherwise maintained.
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment: There is an Alms=house; but not endowed. There are no Lands or Tenements left for the Repair of the Church, or any other pious use.
- Residence upon cure: I reside Personally upon my Cure & in my Parsonage=House.
- Curate: I have no Curate resident, or otherwise.
- Divine service at other churches: I do not perform Divine service in any Church besides my own.
- Frequency of divine service: On all Sundays, Saint’s Days & Holy-Days: Twice every Lord’s Day, with a sermon in the morning, & a sermon in the Evening.
- Frequency of communion: Four Times in the year.
- Number of communicants: One Hundred & upwards, Eighty of whom generally receive: There were about that number last Easter.
- Catechising of children: Almost every Sunday, in the afternoon my Parishoners do not send their Children & Servants (if there are any as yet not instructed) to learn their Catechism from me in Private.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: I have not any Chapel within my Parish, any Chapel in Ruins, in which Divine Service has been performed.
These particulars the Bishop knows. [Explanation]