Dunkeswell, Deanery of Dunkeswell.
Chanter 225A, 43-44
- Population and dissenters:
67 families = of these two Dissenters viz. Anabaptist – noe meeting House.
- Public or charity schools:
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment:
- Residence upon cure:
No Parsonage nor Vicarage House. I Doe reside at my vicarage=House at Luppit about a mile distant from Dunkeswell.
- Curate: I Nicho: Lockyer am Curate of Dunkeswell & am paid sixteen pounds a year by the Impropriator Mr Peter Genest with the addition lately of the Queens Bounty.
- Divine service at other churches: Only at Dunkeswell & Luppit.
- Frequency of divine service: Every Sunday with a sermon once, and other occasional Days.
- Frequency of communion: Three times every year.
- Number of communicants: Twenty – about 14 – or thereabouts – at Easter.
- Catechising of children: Generally after Whitesunday <in> every year, when the Parishioners doe send their Children to be Catechized many Sundays following when I doe Explain the meaning of the Catechism, wherby for forty years past constantly performing this part of my office, I have added many families to ye number of my Congregation.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: No chapel.
Nicholas Lockyer Curate.