Membury, Deanery of Honiton
Chanter 225A, 17-18
- Population and dissenters:
There are upwards of Sixty Families in this Parish, of which two are Quakers, and five or six Roman=Catholicks. There is also a Meeting=House of the Quakers, I believe, licenced.
- Public or charity schools:
There is no Publick or Charity school in this Parish.
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment:
No Alms=House, or other Charitable Endowment.
- Residence upon cure:
No Vicarage House.
- Curate: The Curate resides at Axminster usually. I am at this time without a fixt Curate.
- Divine service at other churches: The Curate performs Divine service at this & Kilmington being Daughter Churches to Axminster.
- Frequency of divine service: On Sundays & Holidays, with a sermon every Lords day.
- Frequency of communion: Four Times in the year.
- Number of communicants: Twenty or upwards that usually communicate, about fiveteen Easter last.
- Catechising of children: On Sundays & Holidays frequently during the Summer Season.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: This itself is a Daughter Church or Chapel, distant about three miles from Axminster.