Pancrass, Deanery of Holsworty
Chanter 225A, 314-315
- Population and dissenters: About 18 families no Dissenters.
- Public or charity schools: No Publick or Charity School.
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment:
No Alms-house Hospital or other charitable Endowments no Lands or Tenements left to the repair of the Church or other pious use.
- Residence upon cure: Do not reside on my Vicarage here for Reasons set forth to this Quære, to me, for my Vicariage of Bradworthy to which referr.
- Curate: A Curate non resident – The Revd Mr. Thos. Warren duely qualified. Does not reside in the Vicariage house being a very Small one not fit for a Clergyman to live in, Sat together with 5 Acres of Land thereunto belonging for 40s per annum, nor was it ever inhabited either by the Vicar or Curate by the memory of Man that I can learn. Allowance £20 per annum. Should I allow much more no profit would accrue thereout to my self.
- Divine service at other churches: The Curate Serves a Neighbouring Parish.
- Frequency of divine service: Every Lords day and either forenoon or afternoon a Sermon alternately.
- Frequency of communion: By informacion of Mr Warren Curate four times a year.
- Number of communicants: By like informacion about 40 Communicants all usually receive about 20 or 24 at a time except at Easter last and then about 30.
- Catechising of children: All Children & Servants are catechized in the Church every Lords-day in the Summertime.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: This is a Chapel it Self only, to Bradworthy and I never heard of any other.