Sheldon, Deanery of Dunkeswell, 1744, by H: Manning, Curate.
Chanter 225A, 45-46
[Answers entered on a separate sheet of paper, not using the printed form].
- Population and dissenters: There are in the Parish about 18 Families, 4 of which are Presbyter:n Dissenters – No Meeting House.
- Public or charity schools: There is no School at all.
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment:
There is no Alms House, Hospital, or other Charitable Endowment.
- Residence upon cure: My Curates name is Richd: Martyn, who lives at Awliscombe, about 2 miles distant has leave of your Lordship to serve both Parishes, they being very small.
- Curate: [No answer given]
- Divine service at other churches: [No answer given]
- Frequency of divine service: Divine service is perform’d once every Lord’s Day with a sermon in ye morning.
- Frequency of communion: The Holy Sacrament of ye Lord’s Supper is administer’d in ye Church 3 times in ye: year.
- Number of communicants: There are about 20 Communicants, 8 of which generally communicate.
- Catechising of children: The Children are Catechizd 4 Sundays in ye year.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: There is no Chapel, nor has there ever been one, in the Parish.
Sheldon Curt: Henry Manning A.B. licesn’d Augt: ye: 30th 1729. Presb: July 7th 1728. Stephen Exon. [Explanation]