Shobrooke, Deanery of Cadbury
Chanter 225A, 212-213
- Population and dissenters: Families 128. Presbyterian Dissenters Five. Hooker – Teacher licenc’d. N:B: The Meeting-House is not licenc’d.
- Public or charity schools: Here is a Charity School, endow’d; where about 20 Children are duly taught ye: Principles of the Xtian Religion, & regularly brought to Church, as Canon requires.
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment:
- Residence upon cure: [No answer given]
- Curate: [No answer given]
- Divine service at other churches: [No answer given]
- Frequency of divine service: As often as ye: Rubrick, or ye Ordinary require, with a Sermon twice every Ld’s Day.
- Frequency of communion: Four times.
- Number of communicants: About one hundred, eighty of whom, or thereabouts, received last Easter.
- Catechising of children: Four Sundays in Each Quarter, or more, if any of ye: Children &c are not very perfect.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: None, or at least none, that I have heard of.