St. George, Deanery of Xtianity.
Chanter 225A, 288-289
- Population and dissenters: The Number of Families is about ninety four, of which sixteen are Presbyterian, Two Anabaptists, Four Papists, One Quaker. Here is a Lincenced Presbyterian Meeting-house, wherein Mr Walrdon teaches.
Vide St. John annexed.
- Public or charity schools: No Publick, or Charity School endowed, or otherwise maintained.
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment:
No Alms-house, Hospital, or other charitable endowment, unless a Term of Eleven years in two houses for ye benefit of some poor Person or persons, by the will of one Mr Coaker, not yet accepted of by the Parishioners. No Lands, or Tenements for the Repair of the Church. Mr Shilston Fifty two shillings a year for Bread, and six shillings, & Eight pence in Money. Mr John Baker, three shillings & Four Pence in money. Mr Tho: Gyst, one Pound in Money. Mrs Coles, & Mrs Peachy, Each One Pound for Linen, for the Poor. I know no Frauds, nor Abuses.
- Residence upon cure: Vide St. John annexed.
- Curate: [No answer given]
- Divine service at other churches: Vide St. John
- Frequency of divine service: Vide St. John
- Frequency of communion: Vide St. John
- Number of communicants: Allowing three to a Family, & subtracting ye Dissenting families. The number of Communicants will be Two hundred, & Thirteen. Vide St. John.
- Catechising of children: Vide St. John.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: No Chapel.