St Nicholas, Deanery of Kenn
Chanter 225A, 174-175
- Population and dissenters: There are about 80 families in the Parish of St. Nicholas without one single dissenter, or meeting House.
- Public or charity schools: There is no publick or Charity school, endowed or other=wise maintained in ye parish.
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment:
There is no Alms-house, Hospital, or other charitable Endowment, nor, any Lands or Tenements left for ye repair of our Parish Chapel.
- Residence upon cure: I do not reside upon my Cure, there being no House to live in. I reside in West Teingmouth. The Income of ye parish not exceeding nine pounds per Annum.
- Curate: [No answer given]
- Divine service at other churches: I do perform divine service in ye Churches of East and West Teingmouth, where I reside.
- Frequency of divine service: Divine service is performed every second Sunday in ye afternoon.
- Frequency of communion: The Holy sacrament of the Lords supper is administred four times in ye year.
- Number of communicants: There are about 100 Communicants in ye Parish, about 60 of them usually receive, Between 30 & 40 receivd Easter last.
- Catechising of children: The Children are usually Catechized during the summer season as often as divine service is performed.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: [No answer given]
Elias Carter Curate