Sutcombe, Deanery of Holsworthy
Chanter 225A, 336-337
- Population and dissenters: About 22 families no Dissenters.
- Public or charity schools: No Publick or Charity School.
- Alms-house, hospital or charitable endowment:
An Almshouse for six persons erected by the Ancestors of present Sr William Morice <of Werrington in Devon> Bart with an Endowment of 2s per week to be paid to each person, and he has now the Direction thereof; I know not nor have I heard of any abuses or Frauds committed in the management.
- Residence upon cure: Do not reside on the Cure for Reasons to this Quære as Vicar of Bradworthy to which referr.
- Curate: No; my self duely Qualfieid do not live in the parsonage=house for Reasons last menconed; my Annual Sallary is £30.
- Divine service at other churches: At Bradworthy as mentioned in my Answr to the 4th Quære as Vicar of Bradworthy to which referr.
- Frequency of divine service: Every Lords day and either forenoon or afternoon alternately.
- Frequency of communion: Four times in the year at least.
- Number of communicants: About 40 in all usually receive, about 20 or 25 at a time except at Easter last and then about 30.
- Catechising of children: All the Summer time Children and Servants are catechized in the Church every Lords day.
- Chapels or chapels in ruins: No Chapel in this parish nor ever was to my knowledge.