To the Revd the Minister of Braunton
Chanter 232A, 284
- Residence, curate and lecturer: My Lord, I do reside personally upon my Cure, and in my Vicarage House. I have no Lecturer.
- Other benefices: I have but one Benefice.
- Divine service at other churches: I do not perform Divine <Service> at any Church besides my own.
- Frequency of divine service: Divine Service is performed in my Church on Sundays and Holy-days; twice on the Lord's Day, with a Sermon in the Morning and Evening from Lady day to Michaelmas in the morning only, the other part of the year.
- Frequency of communion: The Sacrament of the Lord's Supper is administered six times in the year. The number of Communicants generally about an Hundred.
- Catechising of children: Commonly in the Summer, and as often as they are prepared.
- Church fabric: The Church and Chancel is in good Repair, and the Church yard is well kept. And we have all Things decent for divine Service.
- Glebe terrier: 'Tis believed by the Parishioners whom I have consulted that there is a Terrier lodged in the Dean's Registry, of which due Enquiry shall be made.
- Number of families: Two hundred <&forty> inhabited Houses, and about one thousand and fifty Souls.
- Chapels: We have no Chapel within the Parish.
- Papists, dissenters and meeting houses: We have no reputed Papists that I know of. We have one Meeting-House for Presbyterians. The present Teacher is Mr. John Short.
- School, alms-houses, hospital and charitable endowments: We have a Free-School for the Instruction and Education of the Youth of the Parish in Reading, Writing, & Arithmetic. We have no parochial Library.
- Charity: A few inconsiderable Benefactions have been left for Charitable uses, and I believe they are duly applied.
Priest's orders and institution: The Date of my Institution, 14th day of November 1772
[The Date] of my Priest's Orders, 3d of March 1750
your Lordships most dutiful
and obedient Servant
Braunton, near Barnstaple