Charity: [No answer given]
Priest's orders and institution: I was instituted to the Rectory of Bratton Clovelly June the eighth 1774.
My Priest's Orders bear Date June 17, 1753.
[Noted in the margin:] The Enquiries which I have written no Answers to will be answered by my Curate Mr laskey, to whom I have sent a Paper of Enquries, & desired him to forward his Answers to your Lordship at Exeter.
Thomas Skynner, Rector of Bratton Clovelly
April 16, 1779
To the Revd the Minister of Bratton Clovelly
Chanter 232B, 473b
- Residence, curate and lecturer: My Lord,
This enquiry will be answered by the Rev'd Doc'tr Skynner, my Rec'tr.
- Other benefices: This will be answered by Doc'tr Skynner.
- Divine service at other churches: I do perform divine service at Broadwoodwiger & GermansWeek.
- Frequency of divine service: Divine service is performed twice on the Lord's day with a sermon in the morning & afternoon.
- Frequency of communion: The sacrament of the Lord's supper is administered six times in the year - The number of communicants are about forty at each sacrament.
- Catechising of children: In Lent and at Michalmas.
- Church fabric: The Church and Chancel is in good repair, and we have all things decent for divine service.
- Glebe terrier: This will be answered by the Rev'd Doc'tr Skynner.
- Number of families: We have about a hundred Families.
- Chapels: We have not any chapel in our Parish.
- Papists, dissenters and meeting houses: We have not any reputed Papists, nor dissenting Congregations.
- School, alms-houses, hospital and charitable endowments: We have not any publick school in our Parish we have not any Alms-Houses, Hospital or other Charitable endowment - We have no parochial Library.
- Charity: We have no Lands, Tenements or other Benefactions left for Charitable uses.
Priest's orders and institution: My Priest orders bear date the 23d of July 1769
I am my Lord, your Lordships most dutifull son and obe'dt Hble ser'vt William Laskey
Bratton Clovelly near Oakhampton May 12th 1779